So what is a simple definition I can use to explain the basic process of search engine optimization? If you’re building an online business, no doubt you’re going to have to pay attention to your search engine optimization efforts. If you want to optimize your own site, you don’t need extensive training or expensive experts to take some highly effective SEO steps by yourself. This article will provide a solid grounding and get you up to speed on your SEO basics.
Keywords are the first concept you need to master. A keyword is nothing but the word or short phrase that search engine users punch into the search field. They become important for SEO because you’re going to focus your efforts on making your site more relevant (and therefore higher ranking) on certain keywords that match your subject matter.
Finding keywords is often the toughest part of SEO. The AdWords keyword tool provided by Google is an excellent place to start. You can enter basic keywords that you know searchers will use to find your site, and the keyword tool will present you with related terms. It will also give you a rough idea of how much traffic different keywords draw in on a monthly basis. You can use this information to decide where your attention can be spent most effectively.
As you can imagine, getting the keywords you pick into your website’s content is a very important part of SEO. Be aware, though, that the search engines consider many other factors when assigning your page a ranking. Although the indexing and ranking process is automated, the search engines have very clever algorithms looking for low-content spam sites. While you do want to get your keywords into your content, you want to do it in a way that doesn’t detract from the readability of your text.
There are plenty of “behind the scenes” places to incorporate keywords into your site, too. Each page on your site has a title, set by the HTML title tag. It’s what shows up on the top of the browser window when your page loads. Put a relevant keyword into the title on each of your site’s pages. The search engines weigh keywords more heavily when they appear in a page’s title. The same goes for HTML’s heading tags, (H1, H2, H3, and so on) so make sure you use them to organize your pages.
You have enough basic tools here to start doing some highly effective SEO work. Before you go crazy, though, keep in mind that your optimization efforts operate on a bell curve. Beyond a certain point, more tweaking and twiddling will begin to hurt your position on the search engine results pages. As mentioned above, the search engines are on the lookout for spam pages that offer lots of keywords and little content. If you’ve got time to spare and you want to do more, produce a new page, optimized in a sensible, restrained manner, instead of over-loading your existing ones.
While there’s a lot more to learn in the field of SEO, what you’ve picked up here will see you well on your way to improving your site’s page ranking. If you find the results you get encouraging, you can always refine your skills further and pick up more tactics with a little online research. Even if the SEO process doesn’t excite you, you can make a big difference in your site’s standing with just a little effort.
6 Responses to What is a simple definition I can use to explain the basic process of search engine optimization?
Leave a Reply
- Ways to Enhance The SEO Of Your Site
- SEO And Your Online Company: Pointer For Getting Found By Internet search engine (2).
- Make More Money With These Search Engine Optimization Pointer!
- Double Your Traffic With These Fantastic SEO Ideas!
- How To Get On Top With Search Engine Optimization (3).
- Increase Your Website Traffic With These SEO Tips
- Finding a Search Engine Optimization Business
- The Many Essential SEO Keys for Your Site Blog
- The Real Offer Search Engine Optimization Rules
- Free Search Engine Optimization Its Not A Myth
- Best Ways To Enhance Your Internet search engine Rankings
- The Surefire Course To Search Engine Optimization Advantage
- Useful Idea And Recommendations For Search Engine Optimization
- Three Basic Steps to Search Engine Optimization
- Use This Search Engine Optimization Suggestions To assist Individuals Discover Your Site
- Search Engine Optimization Idea That Everybody Ought to Know (2).
- Search Engine Optimization Technique ~ A Summary
- Search Engine Optimization How To
- Important Suggestions You Required For Search Engine Optimization
- Search Engine Optimization Solutions and the better company Obstacle
- Keywords Research Tool – Which One Is For You
- One way links are the unsurpassed write of link can get
- Conquering Search Engines – Issue 1 of 6
- How To Establish the True Value of a Website
- Don’t Fall Prey to These 3 Myths About SEO
- Easy Link Building Tips that Work
- Use Videos To Convert More
- Be Successful Online With These Tips
- What Search Engine Optimization and SEO Services Means
- An Overview of the SEOLinkVine Software
- Learn How To Re-Invent Yourself As A Good Net Marketer
- How eCommerce Works Online
- How WordPress Themes Can Benefit Your Business
- Spell Success in Your Restaurant with Folding Tables
- PPC – Exactly what Portion regarding Web site Site visitors Would really Click on.
- Solid PPC Tips For Newbies
- Tips On How To Establish Permanent Google Search Ranking Results
- Solid Strategies For Improving Your Adwords Ad Copy
- Link building – Ways to help your website promotion
- How To Write Compelling Adwords Ads